New Field Season Registration Open
On-line Registration for the 2018-19 field lacrosse season is now open to all players, new and returning.
Again this season, Surrey Lacrosse will be accepting registrations on-line for playing divisions. Payment is handled
electronically through PayPal.
Please note that all Youth U9 and Women's U15 registrations will be placed on a waitlist due to maximizing the team size at present. If we receive additional registrants, we may split to
two teams or release players.
- There will not be a drop-in registration session. Drop-ins will be free for those children
that have registered for the regular season. You must be registered to participate in drop-ins.
- A player is not registered until a completed registration form is received and payment is
received in full.
- Registrants must fill-in all names, addresses, phone numbers (including cellular phone numbers)
and e-mail addresses of all parents/guardians so that we can send out important notices as they arise. Being
informed in a timely manner is important so please help us help you.
- New players will need to scan and attach additional paperwork (see
below) to an e-mail addressed to the Registrar at
- For all age groups, we will be implementing roster caps where we will hold registrations once
team cap limits have been reached. If roster capacities have been reached for any of our age divisions, you will
receive an email from our registrar stating you are currently on a wait list. Once there are enough registrations
to form another team, those players on the wait list will be informed of their status change
- In addition to registration fees collected by the association, there will be additional team
specific fees to pay for tournaments and other team events. This will be determined by individual teams and will be
collected by the team manager.
- Shorts are included in the registration fee.
- Drop-in practice sessions will be starting in August 2018. Notification of
locations and times for each division will be posted on our home page for details.
- When registering for 3 or more children, the third and additional children will be HALF PRICE!
Please complete the on-line registration for all of your children and the SLA will reimburse you for the reduced fees.
- We are looking for full-time goalies to fill this vital position on each of our teams.
As an incentive for registering as a full-time goalie, any player
who plays this position for the entire season
will receive a rebate of 50% off their registration cost
at end of the season. In order to qualify for
a rebate, the player must have played at least 50%
of the games in goal.
- First time lacrosse players who register will receive a free lacrosse stick!
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact the Registrar at
2018-19 Field Lacrosse Fee Schedule
|2011 - 2012
|2009 - 2010
|2007 - 2008
|2005 - 2006
|2003 - 2004
|2000 - 2002
|2010 - 2013
|2006 - 2009
|2003 - 2005
|1999 - 2002
Documents Needed to be Sent in to Register (New Players)
- photocopy of player’s birth certificate (SLA needs to keep this on file)
- photocopy of player's proof of residency (hydro, gas or other utility bill)
Refunds of registration fees must be applied for in writing to the SLA Registrar at
firstname.lastname@example.org and are subject to the following:
- Full refund, less $25.00, upon receipt of request prior to
- Full refund, less 50%, upon receipt of request between
September 1 and September 30.
- No refund after October 1 with the exception being a valid medical reason that occurs during the first
two weeks of the regular season.
- All refunds to new players that received a "FREE" stick on registration will follow the above refund
policies less $50.00 for the stick. The stick shall be kept by the player.
- Female players: All efforts will be made to create complete female teams in the
divisions offered. If Surrey Lacrosse cannot form a complete female team, the following options will be offered to
each player: A) Transfer to male team; B) Release to another Association; or C) Full refund.
If release or full refund is chosen, the fourth bullet of the Refund Policy above will apply.
- The Pacific Coast Field Lacrosse League (PCFLL), our governing body for field lacrosse in the Lower
Mainland, will not allow any player to be released from an association until there are a maximum of 25 players registered
on any one team.
- The PCFLL does not release based on the calibre of the player. For example, if you are the
26th player to register for the U15 Tier 1 team, there is a good possibility that you may be released to a club that does
not have a Tier 1 team. Most likely the league will release you to an association needing players for their Tier 2
teams. The league's approach is to move players to where other clubs need to fill their team rosters. Usually
all clubs' Tier 1 teams are full before releases are made.
- The PCFLL also does not allow released players to decide which club they want to play for.
There is no guarantee where a player may end up when released, as it all depends on which club needs players to fill team
rosters. The league does not take into consideration where a player lives and where they have to commute.
- In stating these rules passed down to all associations by the PCFLL, please be aware and prepared!
All information collected during registration will only be used by my local lacrosse association and the British Columbia
Lacrosse Association for registration purposes. The information collected will not be shared with any parties outside
of the BC Lacrosse Association and its members.