2024 Box Lacrosse Season Registration Open
Please be sure to read all the following information before proceeding to the registration link.
There is more than one lacrosse association in the Surrey/White Rock area. You must register with the correct association.
Please check our boundaries map before registering to ensure you are registering in the right association.
The registration process must be completed in full before a player is rostered to their according team in TeamSnap.
The Registration Process includes:
- Complete the BCLA Registration using the provided link on this page
- Review the confirmation email you receive once BCLA registration is complete
- Click on the TeamSnap link in your confirmation email to complete the second step of the registration process.
- New players to Box Lacrosse: all the required legal documents must be emailed to the Registrar [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Information of which legal documents needed can be found in your BCLA Registration confirmation email.
- Payment must be submitted by e-transfer to the Treasurer [email@example.com]. If payment has not been made before the rate change, you will be required to pay the additional fee(s).
- Players will be rostered to their according team in TeamSnap once all the above steps have been completed.
2024 Registration Fees
Discount Information – 3+ children
If a family has 3 or more children, discounts will be applied to every child after the first 2. The first two children will pay full price and the subsequent child(ren) will pay 50% of regular registration dues. The discount will be applied to the younger child(ren).
The discount will be adjusted and added to your account by the Registrar after the registration process has been completed.
Additional Registration Information
Due to the size of our Association, releasing of players to another association may occur if we do not have enough players to form teams. The SLA Executive and coaches will keep players/parents informed of these decisions.
In addition to the SLA season fees, there may be additional team/tournament fees during the season. Once teams have been established, there will be a team meeting to determine your team fees.
Additional tryout registration fees may be applied once the announcement for tryouts is made.
- Jersey Deposit Cheque ($100): this must be submitted to the Team Manager once the team has been established. The player will be able to borrow the jersey they are given for the season once this Jersey Deposit Cheque has been received by the Team Manager.
Your Jersey Deposit Cheque will be given back to you at the end of the season once the jersey has been returned back to the Team Manager.
Jersey Deposit Cheque must be made out to “Surrey Lacrosse Association”
- Amount: $100
- Post date the Jersey Deposit Cheque: August 1st, 2024
- Note section: please list your child’s full name and jersey number
- Volunteer Deposit Cheque ($100): this must be submitted to the Team Manager once the team has been established.
Each player/family will be required to complete volunteer hours throughout the box lacrosse season.
Your Volunteer Deposit Cheque will be returned back to you at the end of the season if your volunteer hours have been completed. The Team Manager will track the volunteer hours you complete throughout the season.
Volunteer hours may include:
- Volunteering at a Tournament put on by the SLA
- General tasks needed for the coach(es), team manager, and/or the team
- General tasks needed for the Surrey Lacrosse Association
Volunteer Deposit Cheque must be made out to “Surrey Lacrosse Association”
- Amount: $100
- Post date the Jersey Deposit Cheque: July 1st, 2024
- Note section: please list your child’s full name
Surrey Rebels Shorts
All Players must have a pair of (the most recent style) Surrey Rebels shorts, as they are a part of our Surrey Rebels uniform.
- U7 & U9 (youth & female): shorts are included in your registration fee.
Each player in our U7 & U9 (youth & female) divisions will receive a pair of Surrey Rebels shorts. These will be handed out to players, once teams have been established, by the Team Manager.
- U11 – U22 (youth & female): If you would like a pair of Surrey Rebels shorts, they can be purchased for a fee of $25.00.
Once teams have been established, the Team Manager will take orders, collect payment, and place one team order with the SLA Equipment Manager.
If you have any questions and or concerns regarding the registration process, please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Season Drop-In Sessions
We will be holding pre-season drop-in sessions for our U7 (Mini-Tyke) to U13 (Peewee) Divisions as well as all Female Divisions. These sessions will be held in local Surrey School gymnasiums.
Further information regarding start date and locations still to come.
Refunds or Withdrawals
Refunds will be offered in this way:
- A full 100% refund if requested prior to the player stepping on the floor for any drop-in or event.
- A full 100% refund (less $50.00 insurance fee) for any player withdrawing prior to March 1st.
- 50% refund (less $50.00 insurance fee) for any player withdrawing prior to April 1st.
- 0% refund for any player withdrawing after April 1st unless they can medically prove they have had a season ending injury prior to May 1st.
All refunds/withdrawal must be submitted by email to the Registrar [email@example.com].
Calling all 3 and 4 year olds!
Our Surrey Rebels TOTS Lacrosse registration is NOW OPEN to all children who were born in 2020 and 2021.
Tots Lacrosse is a fun way to get the younger kids active and holding a lacrosse stick. Coaches will direct these players to try skills and techniques to help them learn the game of lacrosse but a focus on fun is the first priority. Mostly these sessions are to gain comfort amongst these young future athletes by putting on helmets and running around others playing the best game on earth.
Your registration fee includes:
- A minimum of 9 x 45 minute sessions between April 14th and June 16th, 2024
- Free Surrey Rebels TOTS T-shirt
- Official “Team” Memory Mate Picture package
- FUN!!! Lots of FUN!
Sessions will be indoors at the North Surrey Sports & Ice Complex Sunday mornings.
Participants will need:
- Hockey helmet with cage
- Gloves (lacrosse or hockey)
- Entry Level Lacrosse Stick (you may purchase a quality entry level Under Armour Lacrosse stick through the Surrey Lacrosse Association with registration for an additional $50.00 fee, including tax)
- All other equipment is optional, as there is no contact
Team fees may be extra so they may have a wrap up party at the end of the season.
CCMI Baseline Testing
All Surrey Lacrosse players in our U13 – U22 (youth & female) divisions are required to have completed a full comprehensive baseline test though any Complete Concussion Management clinic prior to the season beginning. Baseline tests are valid for 1 full calendar year.
Players are welcome to go to any CCMI clinic of their choosing to have the baseline test conducted, however, Surrey Lacrosse has partnered with Rebound Sport & Spine and they are offering us a discounted group rate on baseline tests.
More information and booking information will be emailed by email to our U13 – U22 (youth & female) players when it becomes available.
All information collected during registration will only be used by Surrey Lacrosse Association and the British Columbia Lacrosse Association (BCLA) for registration purposes. The information collected will not be shared with any parties outside of the BCLA and its members.
The KidSport™ Fund
The KidSport™ Fund is a program of Sport BC designed to “remove the financial obstacles that prevent underprivileged children from playing sport in British Columbia”. Each child aged 6-18 who applies is eligible for up to $300 for one season of sport. The grant is provided directly to the club or sport organization. For information on this program, click here.
Jumpstart is a national charity supported by Canadian Tire Corporation with a commitment to sports in local communities. Children can be funded for successive seasons in a sport up to a maximum of $300 per sport; subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands. The annual maximum is $600; again, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands. For more information on this program, click here.