2023 Box Season Registration Now Open
Please be sure to read all the following information before proceeding to the registration link.
There is more than one lacrosse association in the Surrey / White Rock area. You must register with the correct association.
Please check our boundaries map before registering to ensure you are registering in the right association.
The registration process must be completed in full before a player is rostered to their according team in TeamSnap.
The Registration Process Includes:
- Complete the BCLA Registration using the provided link on this page
- Review the confirmation email you receive once BCLA registration is complete
- Click on the TeamSnap link in your confirmation email to complete the second step of the registration process.
- New players to Box Lacrosse: all the required legal documents must be emailed to the Registrar [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Information of which legal documents needed can be found in your BCLA Registration confirmation email.
- Payment must be submitted by etransfer to email@example.com. If payment has not been made before the rate change, you will be required to pay the additional fee(s).
- Players will be rostered to their according team in TeamSnap once all the above steps have been completed.
2023 Registration Fees
Additional Registration Information
Due to the size of our Association, releasing of players to another association may occur if
we do not have enough players to form teams. The SLA Executive and coaches will keep
players/parents informed of these decisions.
In addition to the SLA season fees, there may be additional team/tournament fees during the
season. Once teams have been established, there will be a team meeting to determine your
- Jersey Deposit Cheque ($100): this must be submitted to the Team Manager once the team has been established. The player will be able to keep the jersey they are giving for the season once this Jersey Deposit Cheque has been received by the Team Manager.
Your Jersey Deposit Cheque will be given back to you at the end of the season once the jersey has been returned back to the Team Manager.
- Jersey Deposit Cheque must be made out to: Surrey Lacrosse Association
- Amount: $100
- Post date the Jersey Deposit Cheque: August 1st, 2023
- Note section: please list your child’s name and jersey number
- Volunteer Deposit Cheque ($100): this must be submitted to the Team Manager once the team has been established.
Each player/family will be required to complete volunteer hours through-out the box lacrosse season.
Volunteer hours may include:
- Volunteering at a Tournament put on by the SLA
- General tasks needed for the coach(es), team manager, and / or the team
- General tasks needed for the Surrey Lacrosse Association
If you have any questions and or concerns regarding the registration process please contact
the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refunds or Withdrawals
Refunds will be offered in this way:
- A full 100% refund if requested prior to the player stepping on the floor for any drop-in or event.
- A full 100% refund (less $50.00 insurance fee) for any player withdrawing prior to March 1st.
- 50% refund (less $50.00 insurance fee) for any player withdrawing prior to April 1st.
- 0% refund for any player withdrawing after April 1st unless they can medically prove they have had a season ending injury prior to May 1st.
Junior and Tots Information
JUNIOR – For those players seeking information regarding our Surrey REBELS Junior program (coed players age 17-21 in 2023), please email Cal Davies Jr_Rebels@SurreyLacrosse.com
TOTS – For those parents looking to register his/her child in the Surrey REBELS Tots program (coed players age 3-4 in 2023), please email Karen Piper Registrar@SurreyLacrosse.com
All information collected during registration will only be used by Surrey Lacrosse Association and the British Columbia Lacrosse Association (BCLA) for registration purposes. The information collected will not be shared with any parties outside of the BCLA and its members.
The KidSport™ Fund
The KidSport™ Fund is a program of Sport BC designed to “remove the financial obstacles that prevent underprivileged children from playing sport in British Columbia”. Each child aged 6-18 who applies is eligible for up to $300 for one season of sport. The grant is provided directly to the club or sport organization. For information on this program, click here.
Jumpstart is a national charity supported by Canadian Tire Corporation with a commitment to sports in local communities. Children can be funded for successive seasons in a sport up to a maximum of $300 per sport; subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands. The annual maximum is $600; again, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands. For more information on this program, click here.