Every Volunteer (over age 16) working with the youth involved with Surrey Lacrosse Association must complete a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search (CRC) every three (3) years.
Please follow the process outlined below to obtain your CRC (all applications for CRC should be submitted ONLINE ASAP)
Instructions for Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector Search):
- Volunteers should go to the following webpage: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/criminalrecordcheck and use Access Code: SHFT9N8355 (Note: this code is specific to Surrey Lacrosse, please do not share or use for purposes not related to Surrey Lacrosse).
- Follow the instructions on the Screen – this process will include:
- Verification of BC Services Card
- Personal Information Entry
- Agreement with some statements
If you encounter difficulties with the online system, you may use the paper-based system:
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the paper form.
- After completion of the form, it must be printed and signed.
- Then it must be delivered to the SLA Secretary, who must verify the applicant’s identity using at least one piece of primary identification and at least one piece of secondary identification. One of the pieces must be government-issued and include the applicant’s name, date of birth, signature and photo.
- The SLA Secretary will submit by email to the BC Government for processing by their Criminal Records Review Program. Processing time with the BC Government is approximately a 3-4 weeks.
How to connect with the SLA Secretary:
- Susan lives in Newton.
- Please text her at 778-809-3731 to coordinate a location and time to connect.