2023/2024 Field Season Registration Open
Registration is now open to all age groups (ages 5 – 18, birth years 2005-2018).
Please be sure to read all the following information before proceeding to the registration link
Important Registration Information
The registration process must be completed in full before a player is rostered to their according team in TeamSnap.
The Registration Process includes:
- Complete the BCLA Registration using the provided link on this page
- Review the confirmation email you receive once BCLA registration is complete
- Click on the TeamSnap link in your confirmation email to complete the second step of the registration process
- New players to Field Lacrosse: all the required legal documents must be emailed to the Registrar [email@example.com]. Information of which legal documents needed can be found in your BCLA Registration confirmation email.
- Payment must be submitted by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. If payment has not been made before the rate change, you will be required to pay the additional fee(s).
- Players will be rostered to their according team in TeamSnap once all the above steps have been completed.
There is an automatic non-refundable $35 insurance fee included in the ‘season’ registration.
2023/2024 Registration Fees
Please be aware of the new division levels before you register. Some divisions have changed and/or added.
Winter Tots Program
Surrey Rebels Tots lacrosse registration is now live!!!!! Surrey Lacrosse is running its famous Tot Lacrosse program again in 2023, open to all children who were born in 2019 and 2020 (3 and 4 year olds).
Additional Registration Information
In addition to the SLA season fees, there may be additional team/tournament fees during the season. Once teams have been established, there will be a team meeting to determine your team fees.
If there are multiple teams in any one division, there may be an additional tryout fee for higher level of play.
One pair of Warriors shorts will be provided to each player and are included in registration fee.
- Jersey Deposit Cheque ($75): Jerseys will be lent out for each player after a post-dated $75.00 deposit fee is collected. Team Managers will provide more information once the team has been established.
- Volunteer Deposit Cheque ($100): this must be submitted to the Team Manager once the team has been established.
Each player/family will be required to complete volunteer hours through-out the field lacrosse season.
Volunteer hours may include:
- Volunteering at a tournament put on by the SLA
- General tasks needed for the coach(es), team manager, and/or the team
- General tasks needed for the Surrey Lacrosse Association
If a family has 3 or more children, discounts will be applied to every child after the first two. The first two children will pay full price and the subsequent children will pay 50% of regular registration dues. Discount will be applied to the younger child(ren).
If you are over the age of 14 at the time of registration and are interested in refereeing, lease ensure you check off the ‘interested in refereeing’ box during the registration process. Please understand that not all applicants are accepted.
Terms and Conditions
As the parent/guardian of the child(ren) I am registering, I confirm that all information I submit is accurate. If it is determined at any time after the registration is processed, that I have registered with an association that is outside of my residential catchment area, and the proper release has not been obtained from the local commission, the registration shall be deemed null and void and my money refunded.
Please refer to our website regularly for updated information regarding drop-ins/try-outs/practices.
Please read all authorizations carefully and be certain you approve of this process. Your completed registration is agreement of such.
If you have any questions and or concerns regarding the registration process, please contact the Registrar at email@example.com.
Do we play in all weather?
Yes, the elements for field lacrosse do have exposure to rain. Games/practices will be cancelled due to freezing rain, snow, or turf freezing. We will play on in rain or even sunshine!
We recommend you have your child’s gear stored in a Rubbermaid tote, or equivalent, so dry wear (jacket, etc.) is protected while they play so they have something warm to change into.
When are practices and games?
- This season we have ALL of our PRACTICE times at Newton Athletic Park located at 7395 128 Street, Surrey. Practice days may be either Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays which will be allocated solely for PRACTICES. Times for each team’s practices will be allocated when we confirm how many teams we have. Register early and it helps us with our information.
- HOME GAMES for youth division (co-ed) teams are mostly on Sundays at Newton Athletic Park.
- HOME GAMES for female division teams will be Saturdays at South Surrey Athletic Park Field #10, located at 2199 148 Street, Surrey.
- AWAY GAMES will be whenever other teams have field time. For youth divisions, most clubs have Sunday home games but there are a few that have home games on Saturdays. For female division teams, most games are on Saturdays with the odd Sunday game.
- TOURNAMENTS may happen and are mostly weekend events.
What is your refund policy?
Refunds of registration fees must be applied for in writing to the SLA Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org and are subject to the following:
- A full 100% refund if requested prior to the player stepping on the field for any drop-in or event, prior to September 10th of the playing year.
- A full 100% refund (less $35 insurance fee) for any player withdrawing who has stepped on the field for any drop-in or event, prior to September 10th of the playing year.
- Withdraw requests made after September 10th, will be reviewed by the SLA Executive.
What is your player release policy?
- Players must register in their home association first unless otherwise noted!
- The Pacific Coast Field Lacrosse League (PCFLL), our governing body for field lacrosse in the Lower Mainland, will not allow any player to be released from an association until there are a maximum of 25 players registered on any one team.
- The PCFLL does not release based on the calibre of the player. For example, if you are the 26th player to register for the U15 Tier 1 team, there is a good possibility that you may be released to a club that does not have a Tier 1 team. Most likely the league will release you to an association needing players for their Tier 2 teams. The league’s approach is to move players to where other clubs need to fill their team rosters. Usually, all clubs’ Tier 1 teams are full before releases are made.
- The PCFLL also does not allow released players to decide which club they want to play for. There is no guarantee where a player may end up when released, as it all depends on which club needs players to fill team rosters.
- In stating these rules passed down to all associations by the PCFLL, please be aware and prepared.
What if I have aged out of the Minor League?
- If you were born in 2004 or earlier and you wish to continue your field lacrosse play, you can register with the Canada West Field Lacrosse League.
All information collected during registration will only be used by my local lacrosse association and the British Columbia Lacrosse Association for registration purposes. The information collected will not be shared with any parties outside of the BC Lacrosse Association and its members.
The KidSport™ Fund
The KidSport™ Fund is a program of Sport BC designed to “remove the financial obstacles that prevent underprivileged children from playing sport in British Columbia”. Each child aged 6-18 who applies is eligible for up to $300 for one season of sport. The grant is provided directly to the club or sport organization. For information on this program, click here.
Jumpstart is a national charity supported by Canadian Tire Corporation with a commitment to sports in local communities. Children can be funded for successive seasons in a sport up to a maximum of $300 per sport; subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands. The annual maximum is $600; again, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands. For more information on this program, click here.